In addition to direct client services listed, Cherish Families also does community organization, outreach, and events.
- Health Fair
- Food and basic needs drives
- Community Christmas events such as Magical Winter’s Eve Dinner and Christmas Craft Extravaganza
- 5K run for awareness
- Voter engagement and registration
- Independence Day booth and activities
- Family enrichment and parenting classes
- Financial Literacy Classes
- Facilitate community collaborations such as Coordinated Community Response (CCR) to domestic and family violence
- Annual “Gramzi’s Grand Ball”
Community Collaboration & Training
Cherish Families is proud to collaborate with many national, state, and local community service partners to bring resources to underserved populations. We train and/or provide technical assistance to those agencies for cultural competency in working with people and families within plural communities. For more information, or to request a training, see the “For Professionals” tab.
Cherish Families also partners with advocacy training programs to facilitate community based advocate training to assist people from underserved communities across the state in the following programs:
- 40 Hour Rape Advocacy Training
- 40 Hour Core Advocacy Training